| Review device configuration to confirm that unsecured hotspots are disallowed. |
This procedure is performed on both the MDM Administration console and the Samsung Android device.
On the MDM console, for the device, in the "Knox Wifi" group, verify that "allow unsecured hotspot" is not selected.
On the Samsung Android device, do the following:
1. Open Settings.
2. Tap "Connections".
3. Tap "Mobile Hotspot and Tethering".
4. Tap "Mobile Hotspot".
5. Tap Overflow menu (three vertical dots).
6. Tap "Configure Mobile Hotspot".
7. Tap "Open in Security drop down".
8. Verify that "Save" is disabled.
If on the MDM console "allow unsecured hotspot" is selected, or on the Samsung Android device an Open Mobile Hotspot configuration can be saved, this is a finding.